Most of you are walking an extra mile at gyms and home workouts to get fitter by the season, but trust us ladies, a few love handles here and there never hurt anybody. Especially if you have the right shapewear for the outfit you choose to wear. However, choosing the right shapewear for Indian outfits such Saris, Lehengas and Maxi Skirts often becomes a daunting task. In fact, it is a tad more difficult in case of Lehengas because of its shorter blouse design and visible waistline.
Do not get worked up ladies! We’re rounding up some of the most efficient Shapewear hacks that’d help you find a perfect solution to this commonly asked question – how to hide your tummy in a Lehenga
How to Look Slim in Lehengas?
Lehenga Choli is one of the most loved and timeless Indian outfits. However, if you do not achieve the right fit and silhouette when wearing one, you might end up looking unkempt and bulky. This is why you need Shapewear – for a great fit and an impeccable silhouette! Apart from accentuating your curves, a Shapewear can also make you look neat and slimmer. It evenly distributes your belly fat around your waist and midsection, thereafter achieving a firmer look pretty comfortably. No matter what your body type is, a Shapewear will always flatter your body and give you a smoother finish under your outfits.
How to Hide Belly in Shapewear
Good-to-Know Lehenga Wearing Tips
- If you are worried about how to hide your belly in Lehenga, a Tummy-Tucker or a Hip-Tucker can be your best bet. Tummy-Tuckers are designed to provide shape to your lower abdomen and conceal all those extra bulges that keep you away from flaunting your curves like a diva!
- When trying to look slimmer, pay extra attention to the cut of your Lehenga. This is the real trick. In all probabilities, a Lehenga with a panelled skirt pattern looks the best on all body types. More number of panels in your Lehenga along with a well-fitted Shapewear ensure tapering your waistline and covering up all extra bulges.
- The choice of colour plays a very important role in your Shapewear. Remember, darker shades have a slimming effect on your body. So, consider buying a shapewear in black, navy blue, green or maroon. The goal is to match it to your outfit as much as possible. You can also pick a nude colour to be on the safer side. This would not look out of the place no matter what the colour of your outfit is.
- Not just the colour of your Shapewear, but the colour of the Lehenga Choli should also be taken under serious consideration. A mono-toned Lehenga creates an illusion of continuity throughout your outfit and makes you look a lot slimmer.
- You can also try using concealers over your Lehenga. For example, a Dupatta! Adorning your Lehenga Choli with a gorgeous Dupatta can actually add to your panache. It also takes away all the attention from your waistline. Consider draping it like a Saree to hide your stomach bulge. You can also drape two Dupattas – one across your waistline and the other on your head – for an even more flattering look.
- Last but not the least, wear heels and stand tall! There’s nothing like acing the right posture while wearing a Lehenga.
Can You Wear Saree Shapewear under Lehenga?
Of course, you can! Saree Shapewears are extremely comfortable to wear. Moreover, they flatter your curves like none other and complement your Lehenga gracefully. Zivame’s Saree Shapewears are a perfect alternative to a bulky petticoat. They are designed to accentuate your shape and give extra support to your waistline. They would also take care of all those unwanted lumps and bumps, and give you a seamless and smooth finish underneath your Lehenga.
How to Wear Shapewear under Lehenga?
Zivame offers a one-stop-solution when it comes to Shapewear. Our seamless Shapewear collection is crafted for comfort-friendly daily use. They are supremely flexible and functional, and the good news is – we have an array of colour options to choose from.
From catering to pear-shaped and apple-shaped bodies to bodies with a broader structure, we’ve got something for everyone at our store! First, get a good grasp of the Lehenga pattern, style and design you’d be wearing and then, pick your Shapewear accordingly. Don’t fret about mobility and comfort! You can wear our Shapewears for long hours. They’d feel nothing less than your second skin.
So ladies, do not let a small flab ruin your captivating desi girl vibe. Next time, you’re stressing over how to hide your tummy in Lehenga, trust in the wondrous trick of Shapewear.