|18||Natural Remedies That Will Get Rid Of Tan!|
Tired of coming back from a holiday with tan lines all over your body? Scrubbed and scrubbed but still using tons of foundation to even out your tanned skin? No need to spend a ton on tan-removal facials at the salon. I’ve got some of the easiest at-home solutions for you!
A no-brainer, lemons are the perfect solution to the lighten the skin tone and remove unwanted sun spots.
- Rub lemon slices on your tanned skin
- Do this daily for two months to see the results
Honey & Ripe Papaya
This fruity mask is great for summers, ‘cos not only are you getting rid of tan, but your skin is getting softer with the goodness of honey too!
- Mash up half a cup of papaya and mix it with 1 tbsp honey
- Apply it on your skin for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
Oatmeal & Buttermilk
We know oatmeal reminds you of those boring old diet routines, but it also acts as a face scrub and skin lightening agent. Now you definitely need it!
- Mix 2 tbsp oatmeal with 3 tbsp of plain buttermilk
- Massage the mixture onto your skin and rinse after 3-5 minutes
- Do this twice a week and you’ll be rewarded soon
Tom-ay-to, tom-ah-to – either way this is the best ingredient for lightening your tan! It also acts as a natural toner and reduces oiliness. What more does a girl need?
- Mix 1 tbsp plain yoghurt with 1 tbsp tomato pulp/juice
- Apply this on your skin and wash off after 30 minutes
Cucumber, Lemon & Rose Water
This face pack is sure to keep you as cool as a cucumber while evening out your skin tone! It’s a perfect blend of two amazing skin toning agents – cucumber & lemon (with a hint of rose water).
- Blend together some cucumber, lemon juice and rose water and apply it all over your face using cotton
- Rinse after 10 minutes with cool water
- Use this every night and you’ll notice your tan turning two shades lighter!
A yummy combination, this mouth-watering face pack is the perfect treat. Strawberries are known bleaching agents while the rich cream nourishes your skin. It’s a win-win!
- Crush 4 strawberries and mix them with 2 tbsp of milk cream
- Apply all over the face and neck for 30 minutes and rinse – just don’t eat it!
We’ve all heard about sandalwood packs for the skin, but when combined with the goodness of coconut water, it becomes the ultimate weapon against skin tan!
- Mix 1 tbsp sandalwood powder with 3 tbsps of coconut water
- Apply the paste on your face and neck; rinse after 5 minutes
Remember the all famous Haldi ‘n Besan mask, that every Indian mum tells her daughter about? Well, now you know why!
- Mix a pinch of turmeric with 2 tbsp gram flour and water
- Massage onto your face and rinse it clean after 20 minutes
This trick is one the best picks for summer, ‘cos it helps fade off the tan and also gives a healthy glow to your skin, all the while making you smell nice and fruity!
- Mix 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed orange juice with 1 tbsp of yoghurt
- Gently massage the paste on the tanned area
- Keep it on for 30 minutes before washing
We know potatoes are probably the last thing you would expect to put on your face, but believe it or not, they’re an age old remedy for getting rid of sun tan.
- Extract the juice of 1 raw potato by blending it and then straining it.
- Mix with 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Apply this on tanned skin and leave it on for 30 – 40 minutes
- Remember to wash with cold water
You know all about the goodness of honey for your skin; but the pineapple –king of tropical fruits, is the perfect solution for tan removal and also to fight wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
- Mix 2 tbsp pineapple pulp with 1 tbsp honey
- Rub the paste onto your skin and wash off after 3 minutes
One of the lesser known but most effective remedies for tan is Masoor Daal! It’s capable of removing even the most extreme cases of tanning! Now, go for that month-long beach holiday without a worry!
- Soak 1 spoonful of red lentils in water for 20 minutes and grind it into a paste
- Blend it with fresh aloe gel and 1 tbsp tomato pulp
- Massage onto skin and wash after 15 minutes
Shocked? Don’t be! There’s no crushing, juicing or grinding needed when it comes to this quick fix!
- Simply place the cabbage leaves on the tanned area
- Leave them in place for 15-20 minutes
- Do this as often as you can
Yet another veggie remedy, bitter gourd is perfect for combating both sun tan and sun burn! What’s more, the juice can be stored for a few weeks!
- Juice the bitter gourd and apply it on your skin; wash after 7-8 minutes
- Do this twice a day and watch your tan fade away
We’ve been told to eat soaked almonds since we were kids, to build immunity. Now we know they can be used to fight skin problems too!
- Grind 3-4 almonds with rose water to form a granular paste
- Add some lemon juice and use it as a scrub
- Wash after a few minutes
This is an age-old remedy to fight sun tan, acne and pimples! With saffron, you needn’t juggle between different packs for every annoying skin problem; ‘cos this one magical ingredient will take care of it all!
- Mix a few saffron strands with cream and apply on your skin
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water
We’re sure you’ve never heard this one before! But trust us, green tea isn’t just great for weight loss, it’s also the perfect solution for skin detox!
- Brew green tea and let it cool
- Apply all over your skin with a cotton ball
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and rinse
No, we aren’t kidding; it does work! Don’t scoff it off, ‘cos the petroleum jelly in a vapour rub is great for lightening your skin tone.
- Apply it liberally on the tanned skin for a few hours
- Do this every night and the quick results will soon make you a believer!
Now that you know how to get rid of tan lines, bring out those pretty back bras! Summer’s here and it’s time to show ‘em off!