Most of us are often asked, ‘what is our favourite bra style?’ But the truth is arriving at a specific answer to that question is quite difficult. Since there are so many different bra styles available in the market today, all we can do is shortlist our top favourite bras depending on their fit, style and support. For example, padded, non-padded, wired and non-wired bras are the most loved daily wear bra types preferred by women. Why? What is it that truly sets them apart from each other? It is important to understand.
Don’t fret ladies! Being dedicated to helping you find ‘your’ right fit from among these popular styles, we are utilizing our bra expertise to guide you through their best use cases. These 101 facts will familiarize you with the basic differences between padded and non-padded bras, as well as wired and non-wired bras.
What is a Wired Bra?
An Underwired Bra features a firm piece of wire sewn under the bra cup. This enables great support, especially if you have a fuller bosom. Wired bras help you avoid back pain and discomfort when wearing a bra for long hours in the day. They would also give your breasts a better lift, separation and shape. However, sometimes the wires can poke into your skin and cause a little irritation. Over the years, when you see the underwire become bent and bumpy, you should know that it is time to buy a new one.
What are the advantages of Wired Bra?
- Separates your breasts perfectly and avoids a shapeless mono-boob look
- Sits flat at the centre of your chest – this is not a common feature in non-wired bra styles
- Avoids chafing between your breasts and the skin under your breasts
- Holds the weight of your breasts firmly upwards and reduces the pressure on the straps
What is a Non-Wired Bra?
Non-wired Bras, also known as Soft-Cup Bras are crafted without any wires or rigid pieces of hard material. This type of Bra is entirely made from fabric. So, it is one of the most comfortable bra styles you would’ve ever worn. These are usually suited for women with smaller chests. This is because these bras aren’t too great at giving you strong support. However, anyone who is looking for a daily wear comfortable bra can definitely opt for Non-wired Bras.
What are the advantages of Non-Wired Bra?
- Gives you ultimate comfort
- Maintains the natural shape of your breasts
- Keeps you calm and relaxed when lounging or even sleeping
- Suits every body type
What is the difference between Wired and Non-Wired Bra?
Here’s a quick summary of all the differences between Wired and Non-wired Bras.
- Wired Bras give your breasts a contoured round shape. Non-wired Bras enhance the natural shape of your breasts.
- Wired Bras offer great support. Non-wired Bras offer great comfort.
- Wired Bras are heavy-duty bras which give perfect lift and shape under your shirts, tops and dresses. Non-wired Bras are meant for lounging, napping and running errands.
What is Padded Bra?
Padded Bras are designed with pads on both sides so that they can provide a better support and enhancement to your breasts. Often lined with an inner fabric layer, these bras also come with a removable cookie insert to adjust the padding level depending on your need. They are known for adding a well-defined shape and volume to your breasts.
What are the advantages of Padded Bra?
- Provides extra volume to your breasts
- Gives your breasts a fuller look
- Lifts up your breasts gently for a better shape
- Holds your breasts in place
- Avoids spillage and nipple show
- Gives you a neat and smooth finish
What is a Non-Padded Bra?
Non-Padded Bras do not have any pads attached to the cups. They are supremely comfortable to wear because the fabric lining in these bras cradle your breasts naturally, without any hindrance of heavy pads. Alongside, they aren’t too tight and offer minimal support to your breasts.
What are the advantages of Non-Padded Bra?
- Makes you feel comfortable
- Wicks away moisture and dries off easily
- Provides a natural shape to your breasts
- Perfect for daily use
What is the difference between Padded and Non-Padded Bra?
The primary difference between padded bra and non-padded bra is that a padded bra gives your breasts the perfect volume and a non-padded bra maintains the natural shape of your breasts.
Remember ladies, it is always recommended to have the best of both these bra combinations in your lingerie wardrobe. And, now that you are acquainted with the nitty-gritty of Padded vs. Non-padded and Wired vs. Non-wired bras, head to Zivame and add these popular bra styles to your cart.